Wild Boar or ‘Cinghiale’ is a classic Tuscan flavour. Often this dish is made as a slow cooked ragu mixed with a plain pasta. In this La Tua Pasta Dish we turn the pasta and the ragu inside out and put the slow cooked wild boar inside the pasta. As with many great Italian dishes we start with a classic ‘sofrito’ of carrots, onions and celery as a base from which to build the flavour. We then slowly braise our wild boar with red wine to soften and tenderise the meat and add a lovely velvety richness. The spicy tomato sauce of our dish adds the right kick to our perfectly seasoned filling. With a rich dish like this a complex Tuscan Barolo fits perfectly.
HOW TO PREPARE OUR WILD BOAR TORTELLONI WITH SPICY TOMATO SAUCE
- in a large sauce pan add 1 litre of salted water for every 100g of pasta. For 250g of pasta add 2.5 litres of water.
- Bring the water to a gentle boil and put in the Tortelloni
- Cook for 3 – 4 and a half minutes depending on preference
- Gently heat the tomato sauce in a frying pan without burning and transfer the tortelloni using a slotted spoon making sure that some of the starchy pasta waster makes it into the pan with the tomato sauce. (The starchy pasta water is part of the dish.) You can always add 1 tablespoon of pasta water after if you would like.
- Gently coat the tortelloni with the tomato sauce, plate and garnish with Parmesan
- Buon Appetito!
Please note: The Picture shown is for illustration purpose only. You will receive Fresh Pasta, sauces and Parmesan Cheese to cook in your kitchen. The picture is indicative and shows one of the possible combinations you can do with the products included in the box.
Keep refrigerated below 5C.
Once opened consume within 3 days.
Pasta suitable for Freezing. Freeze on day of purchase and consume within 1 month, cook from frozen.