Sorrento is a lovely town just south of Amalfi on the Amalfi coast where the traditional taste of fresh mozzarella and sun kissed tomatoes grown on the slopes of Vesuvius bring a burst of flavour to any recipe ‘Alla Sorrentina.’ Our twist is making this dish with our signature filled gnocchi. Filled tomato and mozzarella potato gnocchi topped with our handmade tomato sauce brings the sunniness of the Amalfi coast to your kitchen. Finish the dish with a sprinkle of Parmesan and it is ready to eat.
HOW TO PREPARE OUR GNOCCHI ALLA SORRENTINA
- In a large sauce pan add 1 litre of salted water for every 100g of pasta. For 250g of pasta add 2.5 litres of water
- Bring the water to a gentle boil and put in the Gnocchi
- Cook for 3 – 4 minutes depending on preference
- Gently heat the tomato sauce in a frying pan without burning and transfer the gnocchi using a slotted spoon making sure that some of the starchy pasta waster makes into the pan with the tomato sauce. (The starchy pasta water is part of the dish.) You can always add 1 tablespoon of pasta water after if you would like.
- Gently coat the gnocchi with the tomato sauce, plate and garnish with Parmesan
- Buon Appetito!
Please note: The Picture shown is for illustration purpose only. You will receive Fresh Pasta, sauces and Parmesan Cheese to cook in your kitchen. The picture is indicative and shows one of the possible combinations you can do with the products included in the box.
Keep refrigerated below 5C.
Once opened consume within 3 days.
Pasta suitable for Freezing. Freeze on day of purchase and consume within 1 month, cook from frozen.