Potato Gnocchi is one of the classic very well-known Italian pasta types. Our Potato Gnocchi (soft potato dumplings) are freshly made using premium Italian ingredients. With their soft and light texture, they are extremely versatile and can be served with any sauce. In this classic dish we pair them with our homemade Bolognese sauce to re-create a dish typical of the Emilia Romagna Region Cuisine. To prepare the Bolognese sauce, our chefs slowly braise the beef with vegetables and then add tomato passata and seasoning. Once Gnocchi are boiled in water for just a few minutes, their melt-in-the mouth texture will work perfectly with the rich and hearty Bolognese sauce.
HOW TO PREPARE OUR GNOCCHI AL RAGU (WITH BOLOGNESE SAUCE)
- In a large sauce pan add 1 litre of salted water for every 100g of pasta. For 250g of pasta add 2.5 litres of water
- Bring the water to a gentle boil and put in the Gnocchi
- Cook for 3 – 4 minutes depending on preference
- Gently heat the bolognese sauce in a frying pan without burning and transfer the Gnocchi using a slotted spoon making sure that some of the starchy pasta waster makes into the pan with the Bolognese sauce. (The starchy pasta water is part of the dish.) You can always add 1 tablespoon of pasta water after if you would like.
- Gently coat the Gnocchi with the tomato sauce, plate and garnish with Parmesan
- Buon Appetito!
Please note: The Picture shown is for illustration purpose only. You will receive Fresh Pasta, sauces and Parmesan Cheese to cook in your kitchen. The picture is indicative and shows one of the possible combinations you can do with the products included in the box.
Keep refrigerated below 5C.
Once opened consume within 3 days.
Pasta suitable for Freezing. Freeze on day of purchase and consume within 1 month, cook from frozen.