Black truffle tortelloni and truffle butter is a robust expression of all things truffle. In this recipe we mix summer black truffle in a delicate balance with ricotta cheese to create a creamy filling with the earthly flavour of truffle. By layering on the flavour of truffle butter on top of our hand folded tortelloni we reinforce the earthy tones of the truffle without making it too overpowering. All of our truffles are painstakingly selected from Piemonte and Umbria with the help of our supplier who we have been working with for over 10 years. A dash of Parmesan finishes the dish to balance the smoothness of the butter with the saltiness of the Parmesan.
HOW TO PREPARE OUR BLACK TRUFFLE TORTELLONI WITH TRUFFLE BUTTER
- In a large sauce pan add 1 litre of salted water for every 100g of pasta. For 250g add 2.5 litres of water
- Bring the water to a gentle boil and carefully place the toretelloni in the boiling water
- Cook for 3 – 4 minutes depending on preference
- Gently melt truffle butter in a in a frying pan without burning and transfer the tortelloni using a slotted spoon making sure that some of the starchy pasta waster makes into the pan with the truffle butter. (The starchy pasta water is the secret to getting a good coating of the butter on tortelloni). You can always add 1 tablespoon of pasta water after if you would like.
- Gently coat the tortelloni with the butter, plate and garnish with Parmesan
- Buon Appetito!
Please note: The Picture shown is for illustration purpose only. You will receive Fresh Pasta, sauces and Parmesan Cheese to cook in your kitchen. The picture is indicative and shows one of the possible combinations you can do with the products included in the box.
Keep refrigerated below 5C.
Once opened consume within 3 days.
Pasta suitable for Freezing. Freeze on day of purchase and consume within 1 month, cook from frozen.