Asparagus features heavily in Italian cooking as Italy is the largest producer of green asparagus in Europe. We love making our signature hand folded tortelloni with asparagus and we couldn’t resist putting it on our first menu as this lovely vegetable is in season. Paired with a lemon butter to add a slight acidity and a touch of Parmesan for saltiness this dish is perfect for a lovely Spring lunch or dinner.
HOW TO PREPARE OUR ASPARAGUS TORTELLONI WITH LEMON BUTTER
- In a large sauce pan add 1 litre of salted water for every 100g of pasta. For 250g of pasta add 2.5 litres of water
- Bring the water to a gentle boil and put in the Tortelloni
- Cook for 3 – 4 and a half minutes depending on preference
- Gently heat the lemon butter a frying pan without burning it and transfer the tortelloni using a slotted spoon making sure that some of the starchy pasta waster makes it into the pan with the lemon butter. (The starchy pasta water is part of the dish.) You can always add 1 tablespoon of pasta water after if you would like.
- Gently coat the tortelloni with the lemon butter, plate and garnish with Parmesan
- Buon Appetito!
Please note: The Picture shown is for illustration purpose only. You will receive Fresh Pasta, sauces and Parmesan Cheese to cook in your kitchen. The picture is indicative and shows one of the possible combinations you can do with the products included in the box.
Keep refrigerated below 5C.
Once opened consume within 3 days.
Pasta suitable for Freezing. Freeze on day of purchase and consume within 1 month, cook from frozen.