Instead of ‘Spag Bol’ we are offering the more classic ‘Tag Bol’ version of this much-loved favourite. In Bologna where this dish originates, Tagliatelle is actually more common than Spaghetti. Our Tagliatelle features La Tua Pasta’s signature golden colour which comes from carefully selected free range eggs from chickens with a specialised feed which naturally makes the yolk rich and orange. Happy chickens means colourful yolks!
To our lovely golden Tagliatelle, we add the classic beef ragu which comes from the capital of food loving area of Emilia-Romagna: Bologna. We start with the sofrito trinity; onions, carrots and celery which we slowly melt. Then red wine marinates slow cooked beef to tenderise the meat. We then fold in ripe tomatoes and slowly cook the ragu for a few hours for the flavours to meld. Add a bit of Parmesan to bring a salty finish and this dish is complete.
HOW TO PREPARE OUR TAGLIATELLE AL RAGU (BOLOGNESE SAUCE)
- In a large sauce pan add 1 litre of salted water for every 100g of pasta. For 250g of pasta add 2.5 litres of water
- Bring the water to a gentle boil and put in the Tagliatelle
- Cook for 3 – 4 minutes depending on preference
- Gently heat the bolognese sauce in a frying pan without burning and transfer the Tagliatelle using a slotted spoon making sure that some of the starchy pasta waster makes into the pan with the tomato sauce. (The starchy pasta water is part of the dish.) You can always add 1 tablespoon of pasta water after if you would like.
- Gently coat the Tagliatelle with the tomato sauce, plate and garnish with Parmesan
- Buon Appetito!
Please note: The Picture shown is for illustration purpose only. You will receive Fresh Pasta, sauces and Parmesan Cheese to cook in your kitchen. The picture is indicative and shows one of the possible combinations you can do with the products included in the box.
Keep refrigerated below 5C.
Once opened consume within 3 days.
Pasta suitable for Freezing. Freeze on day of purchase and consume within 1 month, cook from frozen.