Linguine with Lemon Butter & Truffle Burrata. Sorry? Yes, right. That was our reaction as well when we first heard about paring Lemon and Truffle. It seems a little shocking to pair two distinctive and different flavours. But this time, we must to admit, the idea is not our original but it has been inspired by a very creative chef working in a Michelin star restaurant. Moreover, it is often used to prepare a Truffle Risotto with a very distinctive taste. For some chemical reasons unknown to us, the lemon has the unexpected power to exponentially enhance the flavor-scent of the truffle, blending perfectly with it and camouflaging itself to the point that, when eating it, you no longer realize that it is there, but you only experience a super-powerful bionic truffle. Moral: absolutely to try.
As we like to experiment, we came up with our own twist to this recipe. In this classic dish we pair our Egg Linguine with Lemon Butter and Truffle Burrata. The latter, adds creaminess and roundness to a dish.
Keep refrigerated below 5C.
Once opened consume within 3 days.
Pasta suitable for Freezing. Freeze on day of purchase and consume within 1 month, cook from frozen.
How to prepare our linguine with lemon butter & truffle burrata
- In a large sauce pan add 1 litre of salted water for every 100g of pasta. For 250g of pasta add 2.5 litres of water
- Bring the water to a gentle boil and put in the Linguine
- Cook for 3 – 4 minutes depending on preference
- Gently melt the nutmeg butter in a in a frying pan without burning and transfer the Linguine using a slotted spoon making sure that some of the starchy pasta waster makes it into the pan with the Lemon butter. (The starchy pasta water is the secret to getting a good coating of the butter on the Linguine). You can always add 1 tablespoon of pasta water after if you would like.
- Gently coat the Linguine with the butter, then tear the truffle Burrata into pieces and add it to the pasta
- Buon Appetito!
Please note: The Picture shown is for illustration purpose only. You will receive Fresh Pasta, sauces and Parmesan Cheese to cook in your kitchen. The picture is indicative and shows one of the possible combinations you can do with the products included in the box.