With a total cooking time of 5 minutes, our Trofie is a great ‘go-to’ for a quick meal. Its name comes from the word ‘strufuggia’, which means to rub, referring to how the pasta is rolled into twists. The vegan Genovese Pesto is made with Genovese DOP basil, pine nuts, garlic and Extra Virgin Olive oil and it is the ideal sauce for Trofie.
- Keep refrigerated below 5C.
- Once opened consume within 3 days.
- Pasta is suitable for Freezing. Freeze on day of purchase and consume within 1 month, cook from frozen.
How to prepare our Trofie with Vegan Genovese Pesto
- Boil the Trofie in 2.5 litres of salted water for 4-5 minutes
- In a separate frying pan, gently warm up the pesto and add 2 tablespoons of starchy pasta water to help liquidise the pesto for better coverage
- Drain the Trofie and transfer to the sauce. Cook for 1 extra minute
- Add a drizzle of olive oil
- Buon Appetito!
The picture shown is for illustration purposes only. You will receive what is listed above, to cook in your kitchen. The picture indicates one of the possible combinations you can do with the products included.