Prepare: 6 mins
Cooking: 10 mins
Keep refrigerated below 5C.
Once opened consume within 3 days.
Pasta is suitable for Freezing. Freeze on day of purchase and consume within 1 month, cook from frozen.
How to prepare our carbonara
- Dice the Pancetta into cubes and heat in a large frying pan; once golden and crispy, take the pan off the heat.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan add 2.5 litres of salted water and bring to a boil. Put in the Tonnarelli and cook until al dente — about 3-4 minutes
- While the pasta is cooking, crack two eggs and add 1 yolk from the third egg into a bowl and lightly beat; add 30g of Pecorino and 30g of Parmigiano Reggiano to the beaten eggs and mix well.
- Remove the cooked pasta from the saucepan with tongs and transfer to the frying pan with the Pancetta. Make sure that some of the starchy pasta water makes it in — this is an essential ingredient which allows you to make an emulsion.
- Stir the egg and cheese mixture into the frying pan with the Tonnarelli and Pancetta. The residual heat from the pan & pasta will cook the eggs. Toss everything together until emulsified. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Buon Appetito and congratulations on your homemade Carbonara!
Please note: The Picture shown is for illustration purposes only. You will receive Fresh Pasta, sauces and Parmesan Cheese to cook in your kitchen.