How to cook your perfect pasta & sauce
- Fill a large sized pot 3/4 full of water and add a tablespoon of salt - it should taste like the sea - bring to a boil.
- Add your sauce to a frying pan and gently heat - don’t let it boil frantically as you can change the taste of the sauce! To get the last bit of sauce out of your jar - add a tablespoon of your pasta water to the jar - swirl and add to saucepan!
- Making sure your water is at a rolling boil, add your loose pasta and cook for 1.5minutes less than the instructions on the back of the pasta pack.
- Lift your pasta out of the boiling water and put directly into your hot saucepan & sauce. Now it can begin absorbing all that sauce and release its last bit of starch to make the sauce even better. Be sure to add some extra starchy pasta water - some spoonfuls - and keep on stirring gently. Your sauce should now be emulsifying - if it looks a bit too dry add some more pasta water, if it looks watery - keep everything moving (toss at your own risk!) and you’ll see it all thicken up. The whole sauce affair should not take longer than about 3 minutes!
- Serve directly onto plates, sprinkle your favourite topping with a generous hand! Buon Appetito!