Arrabbiata in Italian literally means ‘Angry’ as it refers to the spicy peppers that add heat to this classic dish from Rome. For most people who can handle a reasonably small amount of spice, this dish has a bit more interest than a standard tomato sauce but not so much that you are reaching for a large glass of milk. We gently cook onions, garlic, basil and chilli peppers in concert with our sun-kissed tomatoes. Spaghetti is the pasta of choice for Romans when they enjoy this dish which is why we have selected this pasta shape. Finally, no Arrabbiata would be complete without a bit of Parmesan to finish it off. Enjoy!
- Keep refrigerated below 5C.
- Once opened consume within 3 days.
- Pasta suitable for Freezing. Freeze on day of purchase and consume within 1 month, cook from frozen.
How to prepare our spaghetti all’arrabbiata
- In a large sauce pan add 1 litre of salted water for every 100g of pasta. For 250g of pasta add 2.5 litres of water
- Bring the water to a gentle boil and put in the Spaghetti
- Cook for 3 – 4 minutes depending on preference
- Gently heat the spicy tomato sauce in a frying pan without burning and transfer the Spaghetti using a slotted spoon making sure that some of the starchy pasta waster makes into the pan with the tomato sauce. (The starchy pasta water is part of the dish.) You can always add 1 tablespoon of pasta water after if you would like.
- Gently coat the Spaghetti with the tomato sauce, plate and garnish with Parmesan
- Buon Appetito!
Please note: The Picture shown is for illustration purpose only. You will receive Fresh Pasta, sauces and Parmesan Cheese to cook in your kitchen. The picture is indicative and shows one of the possible combinations you can do with the products included in the box.