We are featuring one of our favourite Anglo-Italian recipes. In this dish, we combine smoked Loch Fyne Salmon with our lovely creamy Italian ricotta. The salmon is cured and gently smoked over oak shavings from retired whisky casks resulting in a mild graceful flavour. Our ricotta is creamy and light and brings the perfect roundness to the lovely smokiness of the salmon. Lemon butter pairs beautifully with the salmon tortelloni as lemon adds a final bit of clean acidity to the dish. The only other thing we can think of to improve this dish is the pairing of a cold glass of dry white wine.
HOW TO PREPARE OUR SMOKED SALMON TORTELLONI WITH LEMON BUTTER
- In a large sauce pan add 1 litre of salted water for every 100g of pasta. For 250g of pasta add 2.5 litres of water
- Bring the water to a gentle boil and put in the Tortelloni
- Cook for 3 – 4 and a half minutes depending on preference
- Gently heat the lemon butter a frying pan without burning it and transfer the tortelloni using a slotted spoon making sure that some of the starchy pasta waster makes it into the pan with the lemon butter. (The starchy pasta water is part of the dish.) You can always add 1 tablespoon of pasta water after if you would like.
- Gently coat the tortelloni with the lemon butter, plate and garnish with Parmesan
- Buon Appetito!
Please note: The Picture shown is for illustration purpose only. You will receive Fresh Pasta, sauces and Parmesan Cheese to cook in your kitchen. The picture is indicative and shows one of the possible combinations you can do with the products included in the box.
Keep refrigerated below 5C.
Once opened consume within 3 days.
Pasta suitable for Freezing. Freeze on day of purchase and consume within 1 month, cook from frozen.