Nduja is synonymous with the region of Calabria. This region of Italy is famous for enjoying the heat of spicy chilis and it should be no surprise that Nduja with its bright chili red colour originates in Calabria. This spicy and rich sausage is a perfect filling for tortelloni. When married with a rich red Pesto made from sun-dried tomatoes, a perfect combination emerges as the heat of the chilis is offset by the sweet and tangy pesto. A dash of parmesan and the dish is complete.
HOW TO PREPARE OUR NDUJA TORTELLONI WITH RED PESTO
- In a large sauce pan add 1 litre of salted water for every 100g of pasta. For 250g of pasta add 2.5 litres of water
- Bring the water to a gentle boil and put in the Tortelloni
- Cook for 3 – 4 and a half minutes depending on preference
- Put the pesto in a pan and transfer the Tortelloni using a slotted spoon making sure that some of the starchy pasta waster makes into the pan with the pesto. (The starchy pasta water is the secret to getting a good coating of the Tortelloni)
- Stir the pesto into the Tortelloni gently and plate and with Parmesan on top
- Buon Appetito
Please note: The Picture shown is for illustration purpose only. You will receive Fresh Pasta, sauce and Parmesan Cheese to cook in your kitchen. The picture is indicative and shows one of the possible combinations you can do with the products included in the box.
Keep refrigerated below 5C.
Once opened consume within 3 days.
Pasta suitable for Freezing. Freeze on day of purchase and consume within 1 month, cook from frozen.