Fungaioli, or mushroom foragers, have traditionally scoured the Italian country side to take advantage of the bounty of mushrooms that nature provides in the soft autumn Mediterranean climate. In this dish we pay homage to those Fungaioli who spend hours looking for their hidden treasures. We use our proprietary mixed blend of Italian mushrooms which we slowly cook before wrapping in a hand folded tortelloni. Truffle butter is added to enhance the earthy tones of the dish. Parmesan is added to add a final salty touch.
HOW TO PREPARE OUR MUSHROOM TORTELLONI WITH TRUFFLE BUTTER
- In a large sauce pan add 1 litre of salted water for every 100g of pasta. For 250g add 2.5 litres of water
- Bring the water to a gentle boil and carefully place the toretelloni in the boiling water
- Cook for 3 – 4 minutes depending on preference
- Gently melt truffle butter in a in a frying pan without burning and transfer the tortelloni using a slotted spoon making sure that some of the starchy pasta waster makes into the pan with the truffle butter. (The starchy pasta water is the secret to getting a good coating of the butter on tortelloni). You can always add 1 tablespoon of pasta water after if you would like.
- Gently coat the tortelloni with the butter, plate and garnish with Parmesan
- Buon Appetito!
Please note: The Picture shown is for illustration purpose only. You will receive Fresh Pasta, sauces and Parmesan Cheese to cook in your kitchen. The picture is indicative and shows one of the possible combinations you can do with the products included in the box.
Keep refrigerated below 5C.
Once opened consume within 3 days.
Pasta suitable for Freezing. Freeze on day of purchase and consume within 1 month, cook from frozen.