Filled gnocchi with tomato and mozzarella is the heart of this dish but we add a not so subtle twist to our Gnocchi a la Sorrentina. Spicy tomato sauce or Arrabbiata, meaning ‘Angry’ due to the heat coming from the chili adds a kick to this classic favourite. For those who are a little bit more adventurous and like a bit of spice, this might be a more appropriate variation. Just like the original we finish the dish with a dusting of Parmesan.
HOW TO PREPARE OUR GNOCCHI ALLA SORRENTINA ARRABBIATA
- In a large sauce pan add 1 litre of salted water for every 100g of pasta. For 250g of pasta add 2.5 litres of water
- Bring the water to a gentle boil and put in the Gnocchi
- Cook for 3 – 4 minutes depending on preference
- Gently heat the tomato sauce in a frying pan without burning and transfer the gnocchi using a slotted spoon making sure that some of the starchy pasta waster makes into the pan with the tomato sauce. (The starchy pasta water is part of the dish.) You can always add 1 tablespoon of pasta water after if you would like.
- Gently coat the gnocchi with the tomato sauce, plate and garnish with Pecorino Cheese
- Buon Appetito!
Please note: The Picture shown is for illustration purpose only. You will receive Fresh Pasta, sauces and Parmesan Cheese to cook in your kitchen. The picture is indicative and shows one of the possible combinations you can do with the products included in the box.
Keep refrigerated below 5C.
Once opened consume within 3 days.
Pasta suitable for Freezing. Freeze on day of purchase and consume within 1 month, cook from frozen.