Our slow cooked braised beef is always a crowd pleaser. It takes time to marinate the beef and slowly melt the Sofrito but the results make it all worth it. The richness of the red wine comes through and it makes perfect sense that the combination of braised beef and pasta is a naturally wonderful comfort food.
To this combination we add a sundried tomato pesto which originally hails from Trapani in Western Sicily. In olden times, Genoese ships coming from the East stopped in Trapani harbour and of course the Genoese introduced the Sicilians to Pesto. Over time the Sicilians modified the original recipe to feature local ingredients such as sundried tomatoes. This pesto, while less well known than its green cousin, is a perfect complement to a more corpulent filling such as braised beef. We finish the dish with a sprinkle of Parmesan.
- Keep refrigerated below 5C.
- Once opened consume within 3 days.
- Pasta suitable for Freezing. Freeze on day of purchase and consume within 1 month, cook from frozen.
How to prepare our braised beef ravioli with sun-dried tomato pesto
- In a large sauce pan add 1 litre of salted water for every 100g of pasta. For 250g of pasta add 2.5 litres of water
- Bring the water to a gentle boil and put in the ravioli
- Cook for 3 – 4 minutes depending on preference
- Put the pesto in a pan and transfer the ravioli using a slotted spoon making sure that some of the starchy pasta waster makes into the pan with the pesto. (The starchy pasta water is the secret to getting a good coating of the pesto on ravioli)
- Stir the pesto into the ravioli gently and plate with Parmesan on top as a garnish
- Buon Appetito!
Please note: The Picture shown is for illustration purpose only. You will receive Fresh Pasta, sauces and Parmesan Cheese to cook in your kitchen. The picture is indicative and shows one of the possible combinations you can do with the products included in the box.