This is a unique recipe which features one our signature filled pasta fillings, beetroot and goat’s cheese. The blood red of the beetroot soaks our lovely pasta and the colour seeps through the rich egg pasta. The beetroot imparts a rich earthy tone with a creamy tangy finish from the goat’s cheese.
To our pasta, we add a Ligurian classic, Walnut Pesto. Walnuts are thought to originate from Persia and the Genoese who were a great seafaring people are thought to have brought back Walnuts to Liguria from their travels. Twisting the classic Ligurian basil pesto to walnut pesto became quite a trend in Genoa and today this Salsa di Noci has become famous in its own right. Walnuts and cashews add a corpulence and creaminess while the nuttiness blends with the earthiness of the beetroot. On top of the dish we add a sprinkle of Parmesan to finish.
- Keep refrigerated below 5C.
- Once opened consume within 3 days.
- Pasta suitable for Freezing. Freeze on day of purchase and consume within 1 month, cook from frozen.
How to prepare our beetroot & goat cheese ravioli with walnut pesto
- In a large sauce pan add 1 litre of salted water for every 100g of pasta. For 250g of pasta add 2.5 litres of water
- Bring the water to a gentle boil and put in the Ravioli
- Cook for 3 – 4 minutes depending on preference
- Put the pesto in a pan and transfer the Ravioli using a slotted spoon making sure that some of the starchy pasta waster makes into the pan with the pesto. (The starchy pasta water is the secret to getting a good coating of the Ravioli). You can always add 1 tablespoon of pasta water after if you would like
- Gently coat the Ravioli with the sauce and plate and top with Parmesan cheese.
- Buon Appetito!
Please note: The Picture shown is for illustration purpose only. You will receive Fresh Pasta, sauces and Parmesan Cheese to cook in your kitchen. The picture is indicative and shows one of the possible combinations you can do with the products included in the box.