Our braised beef and black truffle is slow cooked with red wine to marinate all the flavours. Built on a ‘sofrito’ base of onions, celery and carrots we layer in the flavours of this warm rich filling before we build a ravioli envelope which makes it the perfect piece of pasta. The nutmeg butter adds a woody clove note that enhances the beef and truffle marriage. Parmesan finishes the dish with a touch of saltiness. The only thing you may want to add is glass of a lovely robust red wine such as our favourite Amarone.
HOW TO PREPARE OUR BEEF & TRUFFLE RAVIOLI WITH NUTMEG BUTTER
- In a large sauce pan add 1 litre of salted water for every 100g of pasta. For 250g of pasta add 2.5 litres of water
- Bring the water to a gentle boil and put in the ravioli
- Cook for 3 – 4 minutes depending on preference
- Gently melt the nutmeg butter in a in a frying pan without burning and transfer the ravioli using a slotted spoon making sure that some of the starchy pasta waster makes it into the pan with the nutmeg butter. (The starchy pasta water is the secret to getting a good coating of the butter on the ravioli). You can always add 1 tablespoon of pasta water after if you would like.
- Gently coat the ravioli with the butter, plate and garnish with Parmesan
- Buon Appetito!
Please note: The Picture shown is for illustration purpose only. You will receive Fresh Pasta, sauces and Parmesan Cheese to cook in your kitchen. The picture is indicative and shows one of the possible combinations you can do with the products included in the box.
Keep refrigerated below 5C.
Once opened consume within 3 days.
Pasta suitable for Freezing. Freeze on day of purchase and consume within 1 month, cook from frozen.