We know simplicity often wins. Therefore, this week, one of our suggestions is a classic dish that combines very simple yet distinctive flavours from the Mediterranean cuisine. Our Basil & Ricotta Ravioli are made following a simple recipe that blends together simple ingredients – creamy Ricotta Cheese, Fresh Basil and Italian Hard Cheese all seasoned with salt and black pepper. We do not add any flavour enhancer so we can promise you that the taste you will experience comes solely from the raw ingredients we use. To keep simplicity to the dish we pair this ravioli with our Artisan Tomato Sauce made in our kitchen, where our Chefs slowly cook Tomato sauce with Fresh Basil, Onions and Garlic.
The result is a very fresh combination with a delicate flavour.
- Keep refrigerated below 5C.
- Once opened consume within 3 days.
- Pasta suitable for Freezing. Freeze on day of purchase and consume within 1 month, cook from frozen.
How to prepare our basil & ricotta ravioli with tomato sauce
- in a large sauce pan add 1 litre of salted water for every 100g of pasta. For 250g of pasta add 2.5 litres of water.
- Bring the water to a gentle boil and put in the Ravioli
- Cook for 3 – 4 and a half minutes depending on preference
- Gently heat the tomato sauce in a frying pan without burning and transfer the Ravioli using a slotted spoon making sure that some of the starchy pasta waster makes it into the pan with the tomato sauce. (The starchy pasta water is part of the dish.) You can always add 1 tablespoon of pasta water after if you would like.
- Gently coat the ravioli with the tomato sauce, plate and garnish with Parmesan
- Buon Appetito!
Please note: The Picture shown is for illustration purpose only. You will receive Fresh Pasta, sauces and Parmesan Cheese to cook in your kitchen. The picture is indicative and shows one of the possible combinations you can do with the products included in the box.