BEEF & PORK TORTELLINI IN BROTH
(TORTELLINI IN BRODO)
- 750g La Tua Pasta Tortellini Beef & Pork
- Half Chicken
- 4.5-5 litres cold water to make the broth
- 2 Tomatoes (cut in half)
- 2 large carrots (cut in half)
- 2 celery stalks (cut in half)
- 1 medium onion (cut in half)
- 1 medium new potato (peeled but left whole)
- salt to taste
- Place the Chicken, the vegetables and a pinch of salt in a soup pot and add water. Bring to boil and simmer very slowly for 3 1/2 hours.
- After 3 ½ hours, check if the chicken is ready. It should be very tender and easily falls off the bone.
- Once ready, remove the chicken and vegetables from the pot then strain the broth through a fine sieve or cheesecloth-lined colander.
- Bring broth to boil, add the tortellini. When the tortellini float to the surface, let them cook another 30 seconds.